I've always asked my couples after they’ve hired me what made them want a wedding planner and what made them choose me. The answers always give me insight on what I’m doing right and what I can improve. On one occasion, a groom answered, “Because you said you wanted us to feel like guests at our wedding.” He was right; I always want my clients, their families and friends to enjoy their big day in its entirety. After all, everyone is there to celebrate the union of two wonderful people; who doesn’t want to enjoy that? After the groom answered his bride chimed in in agreement. She told me about a relative who had family members cleaning up the venue, she set the site up on her own, and was also too worried about things going right to focus on marrying the man of her dreams. I’ve even had a friend tell me they attended a wedding and the bride stayed afterwards to pick up trash at the venue! Yikes!
With the rising popularity of Pinterest, DIY has become a very big thing. Brides are pinning things they like and doing it all themselves! However, they aren’t considering everything it takes to pull it all together in the end. Thus, resulting in a very stressful wedding day for the bride. Often times couples think it’s a waste of money to hire a wedding planner because they can ask a relative or friend to help them on their big day; not realizing that this persons most outstanding memory will be how stressed and tired they were instead of how lovely the occasion was. Give yourself, your family and friends the opportunity to enjoy your big day and celebrate the new life ahead of you; let the planners handle the stress! Even if you are a bride who really wants to DIY, hire a day of coordinator to bring it all together so you can still enjoy your big day.
Wedding planners are able to handle the stress of a wedding with ease and comfort because it’s what they do! Hiring a planner doesn’t mean you have to be less involved, it means you have the chance to be fully involved in every aspect of your wedding without the added stress. Here are a few reasons on why hiring a planner will save you money, time and energy!
1. Wedding planners plan weddings all day, everyday. You should hire a wedding planner because they are the experts on weddings. Planning a wedding takes a lot of time and requires much attention and detail. Not many brides realize how much research and work goes into planning a wedding. Let a wedding planner handle this so you can focus on being engaged and the fun moments leading up to your wedding.
2. Things always go wrong. No matter how much you plan, something will go wrong the week or day of your wedding. Wedding planners are accustomed to problem solving and are able to fix things so quickly and discreetly you and your guests will never even realize there was a problem.
3. Wedding planners know wedding vendors. Wedding planners work with several vendors and know exactly which questions to ask when interviewing each one. I remember doing a vendor consultation with a bride and afterwards she told me she never would’ve asked the questions I asked. It is important to know all the details before signing a contract with a vendor and a wedding planner is exactly the person you need to ask those hard questions at vendor appointments.
4. You still want to have family and friends when your wedding is over. Weddings are stressful for everyone involved; the bride, groom, parents and friends. Don’t let your wedding make you become a “Bridezilla” and lose your friends in the process. Let your wedding planner be the person who has to deliver the bad news, be the referee, and also sometimes the punching bag so all of your relationship will still be great after your big day.
5. Everyone you love and care about should enjoy your wedding, including you. Weddings are a time to celebrate and be happy. No one wants the people closest to them to leave with soiled memories of their ceremony and reception because instead of witnessing they were too busy bussing tables, moving chairs and picking up trash. Let the wedding planner handle all of the dirty work and let your family and friends enjoy your awesome day.